Thursday 14 October 2010

Next!

I found myself doing an involuntary Dad-ism the other morning - as I emerged from the shower, I could hear Aidan and Kris in the bedroom, so flung open the door, hair tousled and towel around my middle piece and proclaimed "NEXT!". Rather redundant in our house with just the three of us, but I felt compelled to do it anyway. How we managed to get six people scrubbed and dressed of a morning with one bathroom is something of a logistical mystery to me.

On another note, a mum-ism if you will: Am just down with a nasty cold at the moment and there's still nothing like warm orange juice to take me back to those days when you were sick as a kid. You'd be at home in bed and - once the bedlam of getting everyone else out the door had settled - mum coming upstairs with the warm orange juice. It was made from some concentrate as I recall, but a glass of OJ with a minute in the mic is doing great for me today. Thanks Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment