Friday 11 February 2011

Random selection

Paul suggested I stick the one I made on a recent email on here for posterity: Mars bars being given their full name. Also, related to this, the odd habit - that Paul and I carried on for many years - of slicing the Mars bar up and serving it on a plate. Somehow made it taste so much better.

I also mentioned on the email about the "competition". I recall the eagerness we all had for the "first one to see the sea" game when we were nearing the destination on holiday, with the promise of a Mars bar to to the winner which, I think, was never very forthcoming...

And finally, Dad's strange habit of speaking French phrases in a strange nasal accent e.g. "Tre bein" followed by "i-en, i-en, i-en". Not sure where it cam from or if there were any others?

1 comment:

  1. Cracking post! 'Mars bars as prizes' is a particularly good one - and the French phrases got me saying them out loud.

    ReplyDelete